Holyyyyyy.(Expletive) I can’t believe its October already. Seriously September came and went. Now that it is October there are only 3 more months until 2016. 2015 has been a pretty amazing year for me, but I still want to use up these next 3 months the best that I can. I’m not ready to throw in the towel just yet and wait for January to come feeling regret and just making my annual resolutions.
Summer is over and fall is here. A new month means a fresh start and a blank slate, so I wanted to make a goal list to get me focused for the next 31 days. Goes like this..
- Try new recipes- I am always looking at recipes online, or Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook, you name it. Now sometimes it’s something that tortures me like those Buzzfeed videos about grilled cheese sandwiches made out of bacon tater tot bread, or something wild like that. But most of the time I am looking at fun, easy, healthy recipes. Then I get home, and I make the same old boring dinner. I want to stop being lazy in the kitchen, and start actually trying them!
- Reach my 10,000 steps a day goal everyday. Ever since I started wearing my Fitbit again, I have realized that because I spend the majority of my day sitting down at work, it is hard to stay active during the day.Having the Fitbit definitely pushes me to make moves, and get those steps in. Taking the stairs, doing random laps, pacing in my room when I’m not there yet at 10:30 p.m., you know any bit helps.)
- More cardio. I’ve been pretty good at making it to Crossfit in the mornings before work 4-5 days a week, but slacking on my cardio. When I was adding cardio at night a few times a week I really started seeing results. Since I am at a standstill, time to amp things up again.
- Weighing myself less. Not seeing results in a while on the scale (Months, people, it has been MONTHS!) has been really frustrating for me. I have decided I am only going to weigh myself one a week, and since I have biweekly weigh ins for the Edge challenge on Mondays, I will only weigh in on Mondays. Getting off the scale means focusing on non scale victories. Loose clothes, gains in the gym, and feeling good are all non scale victories I welcome.
- Spend less money on food. I want to spend less money on eating out, meaning planning out my meals and grocery shopping better. Skipping the Dunkin Drive in and making my coffee before work,keeping snacks on me at all times, and prepping my meals, ect. All these little things that add up.Saving money and eating right go hand and hand. In my case, I definitely need to focus on both.
- Write more. I want to stay active with this blog, and write more than one post a month, or every couple months. I need accountability. I also want to start posting recipes I find and workouts to do at home. Venting about my struggles, and also celebrating my victories, and hopefully inspiring some people along the way. I mean, that’s what this is for right?
So, there you have it. My October Goals. If you guys have any, share them! If you don’t I highly encourage you to make some. What do you need to focus on?Make this next 31 days the best you can.
Ps.Don’t forget to follow me on Instagram- foreverlastingymclass. Comments/ questions/ feedback is appreciated, as well as kicks in the butt if I get off track. Stay tuned and as always thanks for reading. =)
One thought on “October Goals”
Awesome goals! I especially like number 6 because I love reading and being a part of your journey. One of my goals is to not let the dark mornings and shorter days keep me from getting my workouts in. I like reading that you will weigh yourself less. You will know your progress by how you feel each day and not by a number on a scale.